Laura Johnson rngade57 at madisontelco.com
Sun Sep 30 19:41:18 CDT 2007

Whew!  What a whirlwind weekend.

A special thanks goes to Paul Caito.  He did a wonderful job organizing
this year's reunion.  Everything was just perfect.

The weather was excellent and the hall for the Saturday meeting was
perfect.  Paul did a marvelous job of making everyone feel at home and
making sure there was plenty of everything - from food and drinks to a
projector to project the TI Video I did from the 2006 reunion to making
sure there were extension cords for all of the laptops.

Lunch was excellent and the weather was nice enough that we took it
outside to eat by the fountain.  Then we went back inside to listen to
talk by Joe Laiacona about organizing your genealogy data (documents,
pictures, etc) and how to keep track of what you have done and what you
still need to do.  Thanks Joe!

Then many of the members went to Mass and the rest of us headed back to
the hotel to get ready for the night's festivities.  We all met
downstairs around 6 PM for a cash bar and then dinner at 7.  After
dinner many of us did our usual last night get together up in the lobby
of the hotel.

As always, there are always familiar faces but many new faces.  It is
always a pleasure meeting everyone and there is never enough time to get
all of our talking done.  Family stories were flowing so fast and
furious.  And after all this time, I realized I need to bring a recorder
so that some of these stories could be added to the website.  They would
make a wonderful addition.  So if you want to submit a story about your
ancestors, please send them to me.

Paul had coffee mugs, magnets, nametags, and a CD made for all of us.
The coffee mugs have a picture of Termini on them.  One magnet had a
scenic picture of Termini, the other was of the Duomo.  The CD had the
old and new postcards of Termini on it as well as the phone book for
Termini and many other items.  Thanks for all of the hard work putting
all of this together.

And as always, the weekend always ends too soon.  Wishing that you could
have talked to this person or that person a while longer, wishing it
wasn't a year to wait for the next reunion and the goodbyes.  And all of
the "I'll see you next year'".

Each year, it amazes me how so many people from all over the US and
Canada can come together because of a common bond = our ancestry in
Termini Imerese = and feel that we are all cousins.  It is like we are
just one very large family.  Within minutes you are making new friends
and meeting new people.  From starting out with 3 people - Phil Sansone
(who is no longer with us), Paul Caito and myself - 10 years ago to a
mailing list with close to 300 people and many others who don't belong
to the mailing list.

Next year promises to be another great reunion so mark your calendars
for the last of September for Cleveland.  I hope to see you there.

So all I can say...........if you have never made it to one of the
reunions, do so.  You won't regret it