[TI] What Newspaper Archive can do....

Terry Skibiski tskibiski at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 30 18:19:48 CST 2008

Newspapers can be a great source of information.
Joyce's grandfather was a bootlegger during
prohibition, operating a three-story still and
speakeasy in Chicago.  He supplied all the Chicago
politicians with their illegal booze, but crossed over
into a rival gang's territory, so they put two bullets
to the back of his head.  Both of the Chicago
newspapers had big articles about it, and we just went
to the library and made copies from the old newspapers
that were on microfilm.  The Wisconsin State
Historical Society library in Madison has the largest
newspaper collection outside the Library of Congress,
and I've been there numerous times also.  So the
newspapers are there; you just have to find them and
spend some time to search through them.  Good luck!

Terry