[TI] [Fwd: Salvatore=Sam?]

Mike Maddi m.maddi at att.net
Sat Jul 19 22:21:24 EEST 2008

By any chance, was your Uncle Salvatore, who called himself Sam, from southern Italy, not Sicily.

I'm trying to establish for someone with Calabrian ancestry, whether a Calabrian birth record is that of his grandfather. The date of birth and surname match his grandfather, but the given name is Salvatore and he only knows his grandfather as "Sam."

Mike

From: sreif1956 at comcast.net

Mike, all of my family Salvatore's called themselves William or Willie.  The
father of my uncle  (related only by marriage) called himself Sam instead of