[TI] [Fwd: Salvatore=Sam?]

Mike Maddi m.maddi at att.net
Sat Jul 19 22:46:22 EEST 2008

Sharon,

It doesn't answer my question, but it was an interesting story.

Mike

From: sreif1956 at comcast.net

Mike, Uncle Willie (Salvatore) was actually born in Omaha, Nebraska in 1895.
The Pitti family moved there from St. Louis around the time just before the
great St. Louis cyclone, but then returned thereafter when my when grandma and
> her twin were born in St. Louis in 1897.

The Pitti family originated in Florence, but after getting "escorted" out of
town with the Medici, they took their money and headed south to Sicily where
their money would go much farther because everything was so much cheaper, like
the real estate, etc.  They ended up in the Palermo region and then to
Porticello/Termini/Cefalo/Campfelice de Rocella/Belmonte Mezzagno.  They brought
> with them their education and music (many violinists in the family).

When coming to America, most about 1888-1910, they considered themselves
Sicilian.  Although, I know of one small branch who refuse to believe that the
family went to Sicily...they think that there was just a misunderstanding with