[TI] [Fwd: Salvatore=Sam?]

Mike Maddi m.maddi at att.net
Sat Jul 19 23:44:16 EEST 2008

Kathy,

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm almost certain that this Salvatore Vallelonga is the grandfather, known as Sam, of a man with whom I have a close DNA match. He got the image of the birth certificate by e-mail from someone who's a descendant of his grandfather's brother. Someone had written on the record the name "Sam Vallonga" with a number under it that looks like a Social Security number. I've confirmed with Fred, my match, that the number is his grandfather's Social Security number.

So now I have to order the LDS microfilms for Fabrizia, Calabria, where Salvatore Vallelonga was born. I'm trying to establish some sort of connection between this Calabrian Vallelonga line and my great-grandfather, Nunzio Maddi. He was abandoned as an infant about 1845 and lived in Mezzojuso, where my grandfather was born. Hopefully, I'll come across a Vallelonga in this line who connects to Sicily. I believe the connection may be a Vallelunga from Trabia or possibly Termini Imerese.

Mike

From: "Kathy Kirkpatrick" <gentrace at gentracer.com>