[TI] [Fwd: Salvatore=Sam?]

Mike Maddi m.maddi at att.net
Sun Jul 20 04:20:00 EEST 2008

According to the Italian online phone directory, only 11 Sicilian comuni have listings for Vallelunga, 8 of them in Palermo province. The Vallelunga surname is the second most common surname in Trabia. It's also found today at low levels in Palermo and Termini Imerese.

These 3 comuni are on the north coast of Sicily. So I'm thinking that a Vallelunga who was a merchant or sailor from one of these three towns ended up in a small town in Calabria. Also, I have seen in the records for Mezzojuso where some abandoned children who died there were actually born in Palermo. So my great-grandfather was possibly born outside Mezzojuso, perhaps Palermo or nearby.

Mike

From: "Kathy Kirkpatrick" <gentracekirkpatrick at jiwire-member.com>