[TI] [Fwd: Salvatore=Sam?]

Mike Maddi m.maddi at att.net
Sun Jul 20 20:55:04 EEST 2008

Sandy,

Are they Vallelongas or Vallelungas? My DNA match's ancestors were Vallelongas from Calabria.

In general, the Sicilian spelling variation for the name is Vallelunga. However, someone pointed out to me that the familysearch.org website has researchers listing the Vallelonga surname in the Termini Imerese records. I don't know whether to trust that, since I've seen some really bad misspellings in their database.

If you have some ancestors from TI named Vallelonga, with that spelling, I'd be very interested in taking a look at their records.

Mike

From: Sandra Clark <sclark5701 at mchsi.com>