[TI] [Fwd: Salvatore=ToTo]

Ken Geraci ken_geraci at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 27 18:04:50 EEST 2008

I have heard "ToTo" also for Salvatore. My elderly cousin, Mike Marcellino, told me a few years ago about a Salvatore relative who used the nickname "ToTo". Perhaps "ToTo" is a separate nickname in addition to "Turri"? Maybe "ToTo" is a playful derivative of the middle part of salvaTOre?

My other cousin, Sal Marcellino, goes by the American nickname "Sonny" for Sal.

Ken Geraci