[TI] Cleveland Catalanos

Gloria Otto gotto at ameritech.net
Thu Mar 27 15:58:59 CST 2008

Hi Ann
Do you still have access to the 1899 Directory and the 1900 phone book for
Cleveland? they are a wonderful resource. I am so glad you mentioned them. I
have been trying for years to locate information about my great aunt who
died in Cleveland in 1899 and also her husband Natale Mascolino. They were
married Oct 23, 1879 in TI so I think they would have had children
somewhere.

It's a cold case and very disturbing. Rosaria Scolaro Mascolino was in
Cleveland in March 1899 when my grandparents immigrated and they came to her
because she was very sick. She died shortly thereafter, as the story goes,
and my grandparents had a daughter born in Cleveland in 1900 before they
came to Toronto, Ohio to Rosaria's brother, Antonino Scolaro aka frank
Russo. Here's another big mystery. I can't seem to find any children for
Natale and Rosalia. No one in the family has said anything about them having
children. I am guessing that they had not brought them over yet but I can't
find them in the TI database either. It's such a sad story.
Thanks in advance if you can help.

Gloria