[TI] File system

Sharon R. Reif sreif1956 at comcast.net
Wed May 13 16:22:52 CDT 2009

I would file by family...Mom, Dad and kids....birth, marriage, death, military, etc. for each person in that family.  This will eliminate any confusion when cousins have the same names, but have different parents.  For several generations (when children get married and start their own families), you can add a note as to where the "original" copies might be found, or make a copy if you have room and don't mind being redundant. But, of course, make sure you scan and hold those scanned copies on CD/ flash drive/ or other device....and back up any files held on your hard drive.  Be prepared in case of fire/flood, etc. to have secure scanned documents.

Sharon Reif

Note: The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you.