[TI] Reading Italian Records

Carol Anne clkonfetti at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 21:56:20 CDT 2010

Thanks Laura! I haven't had time to look at the documents again until
now, because of a family reunion, appointments, having the plumber
here for 2 days because he didn't get finished the first day, etc.,
etc. So now I decided to start with my grandmother's birth, thinking
that would be easiest since the most recent. I couldn't make anything
out of it, so I turned it into a negative image in my graphics
program. Now I can make out diciasette, aprile, Corso Maria, sedici,
curente, Palmisano Vincenzo ....pescatore? ... qui" and that's about
it, as far as the handwritten parts go. I tried to spot the words
figlio or madre to indicate the relationship between Maria Corso and
Vincenzo Palmisano, but couldn't make them out anywhere. I'll just
have to take your word for it, but I know there's a lot more
information on that document, that I would probably be able to
translate if I could only see it well enough to read it! Magnifying it
only blurs it. Are there any other tricks I can try?

Carol Anne