[TI] Who were the parents of Leonardo PALMISANO (father of Francesca Paola)?

Laura Johnson rngade57 at madisontelco.com
Sun Jul 18 06:45:30 CDT 2010

I am sure you are confused.  The birth documents of 3 children of
Francesca Paola state her mother is Anna Maria Sansone.  the death
document states her mother is Giuseppa Maria Sansone.

NOW........remember this.......Death documents are only as reliable as
the person who reported the death knew of the actual person, their age,
parents, etc.  The ages can be off by many years, the person might never
of knew who the parents were or made a mistake telling the names of the
parents, spouse, etc, the clerk could have written down the wrong name,
etc.  In the case of Francesca Paola's death in 1852, neither of the
people who reported the birth were relatives that I can see.  Both were
men with the surname of Corso.  They do not even give a last name for
Giuseppa Maria.

The only thing I am telling you to consider is to obtain the allegati
records for any of her children who married after 1852.  That was how I
found the death document in the allegati records for one of those
marriages which led me to finding that the document in the database for
the death which should be for Francesca Paola, not Francesco Paolo.

At this point, there are a couple of options listed below that you can
consider. But I would advise that you do a whole lot more research to
see if you can prove which is correct.

1.  The death document is INCORRECT - therefore the original assumption
of Lorenzo/Leonardo Palmisano and Anna Maria Sansone are correct and the
people who reported the death did not know her exact parents who were
not alive at the time of her death  or
2.  The death document is CORRECT - then the 3 birth documents which
report Anna Maria Sansone in Palmisano as the mother of Francesca Paola
are incorrect and should have reported her as the mother-in-law are
incorrect.

If you want further help with this, please contact me offlist reegarding
a research project.