[TI] Giovanni Merletta

Melanie D. Holtz CG melanie_holtz at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 27 22:40:18 EEST 2010

I am transcribing the indexes of the civil records of Polizzi Generosa.  In 1864, a man born in Termini died in Polizzi (see film #2,013,436, record #14). It is likely his wife was born in Polizzi as Mazzola is a common surname there.

Giovanni Merletta
parents: Domenico and Agata Pesce
wife:  Maria Stella Mazzola

The TI database does not show this Giovanni but I believe it shows the death of his brother.  Note that the mother's name was given as Pepe, not Pesce in the TI database.

24
Morte
1714033
265
Name: Merletta, Salvadore
Parents: Merletta, Domenico (decd)  Pepe, Agata
Wife: Deluca, Francesca Paola
Notes: 57 years old

I hope this helps someone!

Sincerely,