[TI] Corso in Peoria obits

fcorso at a5.com fcorso at a5.com
Wed Mar 23 03:58:40 EET 2011

I have been asked numerous times in the last two weeks if I'm related to Rose Corso. Since I'm not, I thought it might be a link for someone else and would pass it on.

Frank

Rose Corso

MAPLETON — Rose M. Cor­so, 93, of Mapleton passed away on Monday, March 7, 2011, in St. Augustine, Fla.

She was born March 26, 1917, in Or­chard Mines to Bartholo­meo and Lu­cia “Genoffa” Alessi. She married An­tone “Tony” Corso in Pe­kin on June 21, 1941. He preceded her in death.

She also was preceded in death by her parents; sisters, Florence Cornick, Mary Maddalozzo and Louise Monti; and brother, Angelo Alessi.

She is survived by her children, Dr. Judith (Larry) Olson of Avon, Colo., and Richard (Marti) Corso of Peoria; grandchildren, Bren­dan (Virginia) Olson, Jason (Beth) Corso, Jennifer Corso and Heather (Tim) Leonard; and great-grandchildren, Kayleigh, Hannah, Joshua and Madeline Leonard and Camille and Nicholas Olson and Lucas Corso.

Rose was a homemaker and a member of St. Joseph Catholic Church in Pekin, where a funeral Mass will be held on Monday, March 14, at 10 a.m. Father Jim Pankiewicz will officiate, with burial in Lakeside Cemetery. Visitation will be held at Abts Mortuary on Sunday from 5 to 7 p.m. with the recitation of the Rosary following the visitation.

Memorials may be made in her name to the Alzheim­er’s Association.

Abts Mortuary has been entrusted with the funeral arrangements.

Online condo­lences may be made at abtsmortuary.com.