[TI] Arranged marriages

Carol Anne clkonfetti at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 20:04:32 MDT 2011

I have read that in some countries at certain periods in history a
betrothal was considered as binding as the marriage itself and that
sex during the time between the betrothal and the marriage was the
norm and completely respectable. Whether or not Sicily was one of
those places I don't know. It would be nice to find a list of
countries an eras where that was the accepted practice.

Carol Anne