[TI] Petition for Naturalization Question

Laura Johnson rngade57 at madisontelco.com
Mon Nov 5 01:04:27 EET 2012

I don't know if they are your family or not.  This is what we know so far.

The family in question is Antonino Missineo/Messino who was born in
Termini, married Maria Concetta Mangione.  They had 3 children -
Salvadore (born in Termini), Vita Giuseppa and Antonino who were born in
Trabia.  Antonino died in Termini at the age of 1.   Maria Concetta died
in 1892.

Antonino married again in 1896 to Rosalia Urso (not D'Urso or D'Ugo/Ugo)
in Trabia.
They had one child Francesco named after Rosalia's father in Trabia and
he died at the age of 2.  They then immigrated to Pennsylvania and the
rest of the children of this marriage were born in PA

Next we started researching Rosalia Urso's parents.  They were Francesco
Urso and Antonia Sunseri.
On Rosalia's birth document in the allegati for Rosalia's marriage, it
states that Francesco was the son of Luigi and Antonia was the daughter
of the deceased Nicolo.  So far we cannot find a marriage document for
them. but it appears that there are missing years of marriages in Trabia
(1859-1863).  Corie has looked some of this up
They had 5 known children in Trabia -
Luigi (who immigrated to Pennsylvania first) - have not found his birth (
Rosalia #1 who died in 1864, no birth found yet (Corie found the death)
Nicolo born 1866
Salvadore born 1869
Rosalia born 1871