[TI] Orphanage Santa Lucia & Santa Pietro AND DNA

nell lamantia nell_lamantia at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 8 00:10:55 EET 2013

Chicago must have been the place to go, Maimie (Vincenza) and her brother tony and sister Josie all came to Chicago to join Agostino who was already there.  After Agostino died (1905), there was talk of sending Mamie to an orphanage since Maria Delisi Lamantia had to go to work to support the family.  Mamie was sent to live with her half sister, Mary Mercurio
 who was living in Iowa Keokuk? at the time.

One of the stories I heard was tht Maria laid newspapers out and learned to read.