[TI] DNA for Genealogy - again

JAL amborocco at usa.net
Mon Apr 28 14:47:26 MDT 2014

Ann:

I was steered in the direction of 23andme which was highly touted. My wife
gave me this for Christmas. It costs $99. To be honest, it didn't tell me
anything beyond what I already know: I am of predominantly Mediterranean
blood. Other than that, they give you a worthless number on how much
Neanderthal you have in you, which for me was the overall average of around 2
percent, as if I cared, and that my roots waaaayyyy back go to East Asia, as
many of Eureopean heritage do.

I understand there are more precise DNA tests than this one, and if you are
truly interested, I would check them out. I believe we are talking in the
range of $400 for these tests.

Jim Larocco