[TI] DNA for Genealogy - again

Ann Catalano anncat1029 at roadrunner.com
Tue Apr 29 07:27:49 MDT 2014

Jim-

Like you, I have suspected that my ancestors came from Spain too (Catalano -
Catalan).  I was hoping that one of the DNA tests would show that but sounds
like you didn't get too specific of information from 23andme.

Does anyone know if the other tests are more specific in terms of
pinpointing where your ancestors might have originated?

I have LaRocca (capital R) in my family.  Sometimes it is shortened to
Rocca.  I don't know if that is the same as your Larocca.  They were from
Termini Imerese as well.  Maria LaRocca married my 2nd great grandfather
(Luciano Catalano) on my Grandmother Catalano's side; Liboria Rocca (Maria's
sister) married my other 2nd great grandfather (Angelo Michela Catalano) on
my Grandfather Catalano's side.  Their father and mother were Fabiano
LaRocca and Angela D'Angelo.

My tree gets complicated because my grandparents were second cousins and
there was so much intermarriage.  They were both Catalano's.

I will let you know what I find out from any DNA testing I decide to do.

Ann