[TI] Mascari/Mascheri

Paul J. Caito pjcaito at frontiernet.net
Sun May 4 12:31:37 MDT 2014

Hello, Scott!

I must not be getting all the Termini List mailings because I only saw
Scott's posting as it was included in Becky's response.

I have been involved in Mascari genealogy since 1998 and have pretty much
investigated every single Mascari family in Termini.  In fact, the Matteo
Mascari and Chiara Mercurio are in my ancestor tree.  I have their line
traced back another two generations to Paolo Mascari (b. bet 1683 - 1718 by
estimation) and Sigismonda Restivo (b. bet. 1688-1772 by estimation).  The
Register Report that I have on this particular line of Mascari's goes on for
74 pages, without notes included, and is spread throughout Illinois,
Indiana, Ohio, New York, Michigan, Florida, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.  I
do have the three children of Matteo and Chiara Mercurio but only have two
generations after those children and they are all in Termini, so I would be
very interested in knowing more about their descendants - which I assume
includes you, here in the USA.  I don't have a child in that family that
includes a Santo Mascari marrying Michela Spicuzza, so I don't know how I
missed that one.   I would be happy to send you what I have off-list.
Interestingly enough, one of the local Mascari families here in
Rochester/Syracuse changed their name from Mascari to Maschiri, which is a
little different version of your name, Scott.

Paul

Paul J. Caito
Rochester, NY