[TI] Chicago Reunion

smas1973 smas1973 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 4 05:32:39 EEST 2018

What is everyone thoughts about the New Berry
Email back from the New Berry library...

Hello, Scott,

We don't require any kind of group pass to research at the Newberry, but we do ask everyone to register for a reader's card. Details and the link to start the registration process are here:  https://requests.newberry.org/

That said, we do appreciate advance notice of group visits, simply to ensure we have enough resources on hand.  We should easily be able to accommodate your group on those dates.  Bear in mind that our research hours are Tuesdays through Fridays from 9-5 and Saturdays from 9-1.  We aren't open on Sundays.

Because this is the first weekend of the month, your group could attend our monthly genealogy orientation session, held at 9 am every first Saturday.  It is designed to orient new users to the use of the Newberry genealogy collections, but isn't a requirement to do research here.  All of the hours that we are open, we have reference libraries available to assist newcomers and experienced hands alike.

You may want to familiarize your group with some of our research policies and procedures, particularly if this is your or their first visit:  https://www.newberry.org/research-visits

Let me know if you have any questions and I'm happy to assist.

Best,
Matt Rutherford

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note8.